Milliken Tegris® Thermoplastic Composite fabric is designed for heavy-duty, often dangerous work. This breakthrough material provides excellent protection against fragment, projectile or blast threats, while offering a lighter total weight than traditional thermoplastics and composites. Pressed into panels or compression molded into shapes, Tegris® can provide the desired structure and performance to withstand rocks, baggage handlers, shrapnel and other things life may throw at you.
- Impact Resistance - Superior impact performance over typical thermoplastic composites, even at -40C.
- Stiffness - Suitable for applications that need high stiffness.
- Weight Reduction - Consolidated construction based on low density thermoplastics allows for significant weight reduction compared to higher density, glass-filled composites
- Recyclable - 100% Polypropylene composition is fully recyclable.
- Excellent value - Integrated with other materials, Tegris® can provide additional weight and/or costs savings for equal or better performance.