Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal information is handled. During the course of our activities as an employer and a manufacturer and supplier of goods and services, we collect, store and process personal information about our employees (current and former), customers, suppliers and other third parties, and we recognize that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in our organization and will provide support for successful business operations.
When we use personal data, we do so with integrity and transparency, upholding the rights of the individual in accordance with our values and the law.
A transparent approach
Data privacy is an important part of Milliken’s Code of Conduct. Every year, all associates must read and agree to comply with Milliken’s Code of Conduct. In addition, associates are required to confirm that they will comply with Milliken’s Global Data Protection Policy which sets out clear requirements on how personal data must be handled.
Our Supplier Code of Conduct requires all Milliken suppliers to adhere to all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Our approach to Privacy is based on the principles set out below which apply across all our businesses globally. We are accountable for compliance with these principles.
Personal information shall:
- be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner (“lawfulness, fairness, and transparency”);
- be obtained only for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes (“purpose limitation”);
- be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is processed (“data minimization”);
- be accurate and, if necessary, kept current, as appropriate to the purposes for which it is processed (“accuracy”);
- ·not be kept in a form that permits identification of the individual for longer than necessary for the permitted purposes (“storage limitation”); and
- be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal information, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (“integrity and confidentiality”).
Privacy by Design
Milliken adopts a Privacy by Design approach which means we seek to embed privacy in everything we do and, where applicable, document it in a privacy risk assessment. This allows us to do the right thing when it comes to handling data from our consumers, customers, employees and suppliers.
Notices and Further Information
Our privacy notices and policies set out below contain more about how we collect personal data, why we collect it, what we do with it and what rights you may have:
- Milliken GDPR Privacy Notice
- Milliken Global Internal Privacy Notice
- Milliken PIPL Privacy Notice
- Milliken LGPD Privacy Notice
- Milliken CCTV Notice
If you have any questions about our approach to privacy, please contact Milliken’s Global Privacy Director: [email protected]