Innovation Starts with our people
Responsible, Sustainable Manufacturing
Each day, we challenge ourselves to improve constantly and explore bravely. Our goals are set on positively impacting not only on the lives our products enhance and protect around the globe, but also the sustainability of the world we share. We constantly review our manufacturing practices, product life cycle, and supply chain to assess our net impacts and what we can do to reduce them. This practice has led us to seek even greater efficiencies and develop entirely new technologies to avoid using harmful materials.
This attention to detail has helped all of our manufacturing facilities obtain ISO 14001 certification, the highest global standard for environmental responsibility. A company-wide commitment to excellence is one reason why Milliken is one of the few companies in the US to receive the Malcolm Baldridge Quality and TPM Excellence awards, as well as the European Quality Award, the British Quality Award, and the Canadian Quality Award.
With 26 manufacturing facilities across the globe and a wide breadth of capabilities and technologies, Milliken creates textiles that perform and protect.
- Face Finishing: Embossing, Sanding, Hydrofinishing, Stretching, Napping/Shearing, Calendering
- Chemistries: Adhesion Promoters, FR, Soil Release (Visa), Solvent Repulsion, Antimicrobial, Antistatic, Cooling, UV Protection, Moisture Management, Repel Release, Chemical Splash
- Coatings: Dip, Knife, Foam, Extrusion
- Jet Dye (piece)
- Beam Dye
- Range Dye
- Screen Printing
- Texturing (Crimp, Twist, others)
- Multi-Ply Twisting
- Chemical Application
- Warping/ Slashing
- Sectional Warping
- Weaving: Air Jet, Rapier, Water Jet, Projectile, Leno Weaving, Narrow Width, Jacquard
- Knitting: Raschel, Weft Insertion, Bi-Axial, Stitchbonding, Circular, Tricot
- Laid Scrim: Tri-Directional Square
- Non-woven: High Loft, Needlepunch
- Lamination: Adhesive, Flame, Hot Melt, Film, Needle
- Slitting: Hot Knives, Floating Knives, Polymer Ribbon, Score Cutting, Ultrasonic
- Tape Slit Film
Our Textile Locations
As one of the largest private textile research facilities in the world, with a state-of-the-art rapid prototyping center, Milliken is uniquely positioned to put innovative ideas to the test, while saving our customers the time and expense of hiring a third party.
With both standard testing equipment and equipment designed specifically for our diverse product needs, we’re ready to help our customers exceed expectations.