DESIGNS FOR EDUCATION
In educational environments such as schools, universities and libraries, the right floor covering has a profound effect on the learning ability, health and well-being of the students and staff. With a vast range of carpet collections, Milliken has a choice of floor covering solutions for classrooms, study areas, libraries, dining areas, corridors and computer labs.
Milliken carpet with cushion backing offers many tangible well-being benefits in terms of improved acoustics, comfort, indoor air quality and safety, all of which enhance student’s well-being.
DESIGNED TO INSPIRE
Milliken’s extensive standard design collections offer a comprehensive choice of hundreds of ‘off-the-shelf’ carpet designs, textures and colours. Where a more unique approach is required, our Millitron® carpet design technology, with high-resolution digital colour placement, can be used to create stunning custom designs.
This proprietary technology can create complex pattern effects and colour combinations, with fast lead times and one box minimum quantities - not possible with any other carpet manufacturing technology.
ENGINEERED TO PERFORM
Milliken offers a range of cushion backings that not only enhance the comfort and performance of the carpet but also, by absorbing impact and ambient sound; help to create quieter, calmer spaces for learning.
Milliken’s PVC-FREE WellBAC™ cushion backed modular carpets offer:
- Best-in-class acoustics, reducing noise up to 50% more than other carpet for quieter, more productive spaces.
- Up to 24% greater underfoot comfort for enhanced ergonomics for standing.
- Anti-microbial and stain repel and release technologies creating easy to maintain carpets.
- Industry leading moisture management with non-reactive backings – to enhance the installation process.
- Custom collections that incorporate school colours to create a source of school pride and community connection.
- Enhanced indoor air quality (low voc) for improved occupant and installer well-being.
- Faster, easier carpet installation with TractionBack® modular tiles.
- 3rd party verified Red-List Free products for occupant and installer well-being.
We understand the market moves quickly and immediate response is key to making projects successful. Our sales teams, designers and technical staff operate fluently, which helps us answer questions quickly and facilitate new and inspiring projects. It also facilitates the custom design process and helps ensure your vision is brought to life.
Our team can handle coordination of all stakeholders for each of your projects. Processes are standardized and repeatable, based on your specific needs.
- Coordination of quantity estimates, site visits, proposals, order processing, and delivery.
- Visualisation — We’ll provide renderings of your space and layout.
- A keen focus on proactive communication.
- We manage all job site scopes of work, such as removal, disposal, floor preparation, installation, occupied renovations, etc.
Milliken's Quick Ship program is one of the largest in Australia and New Zealand offering fast delivery of your favourite products. Available in tiles and planks, the Milliken Quick Ship program also provides endless possibilities across all price points for accelerated project lead times, guaranteeing hassle-free delivery.
CUSTOMISATION RE-DEFINED & SIMPLIFIED
The Milliken experience - understands the changing trends, designs and products and leverages the speed and flexibility of our Millitron Dye Injection technology, to create customised designs or colour concepts that is unique to your requirements. It also provides the ability to stamp your I.D on your projects.
Our dedicated design team can also create floor plan layouts for designers, end-user clients and installers. Our custom design services are cost effective with low minimums for projects and short lead times.
REDUCING YOUR BUILDING’S ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT
Sustainability is core to Milliken’s philosophy. We proudly go beyond regulatory compliance by operating with the highest standards of environmental efficiency and production quality in our industry.
With a strong focus on the reduction of all forms of emissions, waste and pollution, our Northmead manufacturing plant operates using the following principles of environmental efficiency:
ISO9001 - the highest standard for quality
LEAN manufacturing principles for efficiency