It is with tremendous gratitude that we congratulate our associates around the world for their efforts in promoting Milliken as a purpose-based company. Today, Milliken was named among the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices.
“Ethical business practices have long been woven into our company culture and carried out by our associates,” shares Halsey Cook, Milliken & Company’s president and CEO. “This honor upholds our belief that both individually and as a company we can make a positive impact with every action we take.”
This is the 13th year Milliken has been included on the list, one of eight companies included every year since the award’s inception in 2007. Milliken is one of 128 companies recognized in 2019, a list of organizations touted for equally filling a need within their respective community while also advancing the company’s overarching success.
In honor of this exciting achievement, we share our top five purposeful moments of 2018, which help lead us to yet another year of being named one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
- Allen Plant associate Sammy Davis receives the 2018 Manufacturing Associate of the Year award for his dedication to Milliken’s safety protocol.
- All three of our company divisions – chemical, floor covering, and performance and protective textiles – contribute to industry-wide conversations for the benefit of all.
- Annually, our associates recommit themselves to being the primary drivers of our integrity as a company through the Code of Conduct review.
- The 2018 corporate giving campaign encourages associates at our global headquarters to embrace Milliken Gives and connect with the local Spartanburg community.
- Milliken shares how we feel ethical leadership helps advance an organization.