RMC Visitor's Guide > Campus History

The Corporate Campus

From peach orchard to Innovation headquarters

Roger Milliken Center (RMC) Campus History

In 1958, Roger Milliken recognized that it was time to consolidate Milliken & Company’s operations. He built a new headquarters on a 600-acre former peach orchard in Spartanburg, South Carolina, now the site of Milliken’s RMC campus.

Over the next 50 years, Mr. Milliken transformed the land into a nationally acclaimed arboretum, with more than 3,000 trees, representing 90 noble species.

Mr. Milliken also worked with the architectural firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and the landscape architect firm of Innocenti and Webel to create the 675,000 square foot Roger Milliken Center as the corporate headquarters for Milliken and Company.

Links